Sunday, December 6, 2015

Saarina Pudi | Rasam Powder


Learn how to make simple and quick Sarina Pudi /Rasam Powder. This is my mother's recipe that I follow to a T. Until Recently my mother used to make it and pack enough powder to last for 6 months. I started making it myself as the taste of freshly pound powder takes the dishes to a different level altogether :) I make small batches enough to last for a month so the aroma and freshness is retained in the Saru (rasam), Koddel or any other dishes that I use it in.

Ingredients:

Dry red chillies (Bydagi or Kashmiri - Low spice variety) : 100 gms
Coriander seeds: 50 gms
Cumin Seeds: 25 gms
Mustard seeds: 2 Tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds: 2 tsp
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp 

Method:
Heat oil in a thick bottomed deep pan and roast all ingredients on low to medium flame. Roast one by one until they turn crispy and aromatic. Spread the roasted spices on a big tray and let them cool down for 15 mins. Grind to smooth powder and store in airtight jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment